The winter temperatures are very harsh for our body. The chilled weather tends to strip moisture from our skin. It makes hair rough, and skin dry. Not just the face, the hand, and feet also suffer from flaking, cracking or eczema. Does this sound similar?
Read these five skincare tips to boost your skin and keep it moist and healthy.
Take a bath with these methods to keep the skin pulpy.
1. Add a few drops of olive oil or grape seed oil in the water while taking a bath.
2. Apply a drop of oil over the body after the shower.
3. Add a few cups of whole milk to bath water and moisturize your skin.
4. If you feel lactose-averse, then an oatmeal bath can make your red and irritated skin feel better.
After a bath, you must apply plenty of thick creams. Use Crisco or Vaseline and crank the humidifier before setting out. You can also use lotion after stepping out of the shower.
The gnarly feet with cracked heels raise the barometer of frustration. However, some home remedies will help you to skip those costly pedicures in the beauty salons. Here a few tips to exfoliate and moisturize your skin.
• You can take a pumice stone in the shower to slough off the rough and dead skin.
• It is good to moisturize your feet and heels with a cream containing lactic acid.
• You must wear cotton socks to help your feet absorb the cream while snoozing. However, wearing footwear has a downside. It raises body temperature and makes it difficult to sleep.
Dry & Itchy Scalp
The dry and itchy scalp is a bit embarrassing. It makes you feel uncomfortable. So, look at some cool ways to keep skin calm in the winters.
• If you want to prevent dandruff, take a cool shower to reduce the scalp’s exposure to hot water.
• Use a dandruff shampoo.
• Before going to shower, massage the scalp with Vitamin E oils. You can use olive or coconut oil to replenish the scalp and moisturize dry hair.
• Apply tea tree oil. It is a popular treatment for fungal and bacterial infection such as dandruff.
The dry and itchy scalp is a result of product build-up and not winter weather. In such a situation, rinse hair with apple cider vinegar to clear the gunk and wash with a normal shampoo.
Lip balm is the most common thing in the winter months. Winter winds make your lips tattered and blemished. You can take care of lips with the use of these following tips.
• Use a clean toothbrush and gently exfoliate to remove the excess skin.
• You may apply beeswax or a lip balm rich in lanolin.
• If you do not like to use an animal product, try Crisco. It is 100 percent vegan and safe if ingested.
If you have chapped lips, apply honey or Vaseline to the lips for 15 minutes. It is good to dab a cotton swab in hot water and remove the applied lotion.
The harsh and dry climate of winter absorbs moisture from nails and makes them susceptible to breaks. In order to treat brittle nails, use the following tips.
• You can apply olive oil or lanolin containing lotion to nails before going to bed.
• You must sleep wearing gloves to help in the absorption of lotions.
• A thin coat of clear nail polish protects brittle nails from the cold weather.
• It is good to have biotin rich foods to produce amino acids and fatty acids.